LTD Level 2 Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Peter
Peter
Admin
https://ltdlevel2project.forumotion.com

Introduction to Solitude and Silence Empty Introduction to Solitude and Silence

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:02 pm
For four weeks (Dec 3-30) we will practice the discipline of solitude and silence. Solitude and silence are not absent-minded activities, they are times for reflection. I want you to be intentional with how you use this time and to view these disciplines as an opportunity to seek personal growth. Remember, biblical reflection does allow us to ask why and to question God and what he does. But it also reminds us that no matter what, God is always good and worthy of our praise. The book of Job might be very helpful to you in this time.

Instructions:
• Schedule a time on your calendar once a week to be in silence and solitude. I want you to use a one hour block for this discipline each week. By the end of this part of the project, you will have sat down for four, one hour blocks. I also want you to sit down and journal your experience. Use the steps found below as guidance.
• On the fourth week, answer the prompt. Respond to three others.

3 Steps for Reflection

I. Start with prayer.

Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
Psalm 139:23

This is very easy and simple to do all the time, even outside of your reflection time. Simply take advantage of those little moments of solitude that we get naturally every day and pray.  That time in the morning after your alarm goes off but before you get out of bed, or during your walk to the bus or to school.  Ask God to search your heart and reveal to you anything that you need to lay at his feet.

II. Listen.

Let us discipline ourselves to allow God to speak. Let him answer the question, “God, is there an evil way in me?” Allow the Spirit to point out things in your life that you need to surrender to him.

III. Respond (Take the time to schedule this time each week and journal the process)

How will you use this time of reflection to become more like Christ? Ask yourself these questions and follow through on the answers. Write it down!
a. How is my walk with God?
b. What is one thing that I want to change right now?
c. What would it look like if that change happened?
d. How can I make that change a reality in my life?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum